Sunday, April 19, 2015

Viral Links





 https://twitter.com/alexhayes15




On Twitter I took a few different approaches to try to garner views on my video and make my video more well known on the twittersphere. The first technique I tried was the simplest because I used a few tweets to just give a small summary of my video and then told my followers to go to YouTube to check it out. The next technique was my personal favorite. You can see some of the tweets in the top right screen shot above. I used several tweets to tell a first person story of my robot maid turning on me and then me having to run to my safehouse. My tweeting ends much like an infomercial saying if this has happened to you then check out my video. The final strategy I used was to post memes that I made. I turn the famous Ill be back quote around to show that robots have taken over.



I made a lot of posts to Facebook. One thing I did to increase my viewers was post to different pages as well as just update my own status. The first few posts I made were to the Terminator: Genisys fan page. I posted a link to my video as well as some commentaries on it. I also updated my status a few times so that all of my friends could see my posts. In my statuses I posted a link to my video, as well as talked about a furby and a bunker that I am prepared to build. The last place I decided to post about my video was in the UF Class of 2017 page. I posted my third meme to this page. I used a more well known meme template to make sure people noticed it. I also used the UF page to post my infographic.

























https://vine.co/u/950420947746320384

For my vine videos i used a snippet of my video as well as different videos that talk about technology possibly killing us and how to destroy them (throwing them away as seen to the right) as well as making sure all doors are locked. 






Overall my social media posts got many views but didn't really get a lot of likes or favorites. I believe this assignment was a great experience because it gave me more knowledge on how to be successful through social media. 

No comments:

Post a Comment